This grower position is completely responsible for finishing all crops that are within their division lines. The Grower will have direct control over all irrigation, spacing, shearing and inventory of a division. They will also work with our Tech Service Departments to insure all plant needs are met.
El Campo, Texas
Greenleaf Nursery Company is a recognized leader in the nursery industry offering proven stability as well as competitive salaries with outstanding benefit plans. Offering 401K plans, bonuses, health insurance and other benefits, Greenleaf works with its employees to strive for a quality of life that is second to none. By choice, Greenlleaf Nursery Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Greenleaf is one of North America's largest wholesale nursery growers, each year producing many millions of container grown plants for retailers, wholesale distribution centers and landscapers across the U.S. and Canada.
- Leading a foreman and a crew of 15+
- Maintaining an expense and labor budget
- Working with staff to maintain irrigation control
- Working with staff to maintain efficiency standards
- Maintaining our safety standards
- Scheduling of PGR applications
- Inspections of crop health
- And many others that pertain to finishing the crop on time.
- Computer skills: Outlook, Word, and basic Excel knowledge is a must
- Ability to communicate well with subordinates, colleagues, and upper management staff
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change/ Must be able to work with a team
- Willing to work longer hours during peak season, and some weekends will be required.
- 2-5 years of growing experience preferred
- Bi-lingual ability (Spanish/English) is a bonus attribute
- 4 year Horticulture (or related) degree or 5+ years of growing experience
- Competitive Salary, Medical / Dental insurance, Accident / Life insurance, 401K, Company Vehicle provided